Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access the Judging Panel
ISACA uses an online nomination tool to best serve individuals interested in nominating themselves or someone else to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors. Please note that this is NOT associated with chapter board applications and only pertains to Directors and Vice Chair of the International Board of Directors.
Once you have reviewed the instructions below on how to navigate the system, click here to begin a nomination for yourself or someone else.
- All nominations (for yourself or someone else) must be submitted by 25 January 2019. Candidates who are nominated by someone else will receive an email notifying them of the nomination and must submit an application by 1 February 2019 if they would like to be considered for an appointment.
- Nominators should review the eligibility criteria and board attributes prior to submitting a nomination.
- Nominators and candidates must log in with their ISACA credentials to submit a nomination and to manage the endorsement letters. The log-in screen offers options to reset your ISACA password or to create an ISACA account in order to log in.
- The left menu offers options to edit incomplete nominations or, for the candidate, to send endorsement letters reminders. Candidates will not have access to read the endorsement letters but can see whether or not they have been submitted and can send reminders as needed.
- Once a nominator clicks save and submit, ISACA Governance staff will review all nominations for completeness and eligibility and then submit the dossier to the ISACA Nominating Committee for review.
- Entering information into "My Profile" does not update your ISACA account and is only applicable to pre-populate specific fields when submitting a nomination in this system.
How to Submit a Nomination
- Select whether you are nominating yourself or someone else to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors to open up the applicable form.
- At the top of the form, select whether you are submitting a nomination for ISACA Director or for ISACA Vice Chair. (Note that in order to serve as Vice Chair, the candidate must have served as an ISACA Director.) Also select whether you are sitting Director or are applying to join as a new Director.
- Complete the nomination form. Any questions with word limits are noted within the question and will be verified upon clicking the save and submit button when finished. Required fields are noted with a red asterisk.
- To return to a nomination to complete it by the nomination deadline, click "save" and then log back into the system to open nominations "in progress" from the left menu.
- Nominators must click "save and submit" when finished writing the nomination form. You will not have further edit access and can email email@example.com to request the nomination be reopened if further edits are necessary (e.g. changing an endorser.)
- All communications regarding nomination status are sent to the candidate, not to the nominator or endorsers. It is the candidate's responsibility to communicate as necessary to any other parties.
- If you are nominating someone else, complete the short form by 25 January 2019. The system will automatically email the candidate notifying them that they have been nominated to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors and that they must submit the required candidate materials by 1 February 2019.
- Candidates who are not currently on the board must have at least one endorsement letter from an ISACA member (in addition to the nomination form if you are nominated by someone else). Up to three letters may be requested. ISACA staff are ineligible to submit endorsement letters.
- It is recommended that the candidate contact the endorser(s) to confirm their willingness to participate prior to entering any names into the nomination form.
- Once an endorser's name and email address have been entered into the nomination form, the nominator may send the request immediately. This is recommended in order to allow the endorser sufficient time to submit the letter before the 1 February 2019 deadline. (The email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org via secure-platform.com. The endorser should check his/her junk folder if they do not see it in their inbox.)
- If the nominator does not click "send request" before finalizing the nomination, any pending requests will be sent once the nominator clicks "save and submit."
- The endorser will receive an email with a link to either attach a 1-2 page PDF or DOC file or to write a support letter directly into the system. The endorser will not be able to see the full nomination form content. The nominator may download a PDF of the finalized nomination form and share it with an endorser if desired.
- Upon completing his/her letter of support, the endorsement will be attached to the nomination dossier and the nominator will be able to see that the letter has been received. Only individuals involved in the judging process will see the complete nomination package and supporting letters.
- Endorsement letters MUST be submitted via the unique link in the endorsement request email. The endorser should NOT start a new nomination in the system or it will be deemed a separate nomination, and the candidate's form will not qualify as a complete nomination.
- It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that all requested endorsement letters have been submitted. Candidates can check the status of pending requests and send reminders under the "My nominations" menu.
Evaluation and Appointments
- The ISACA Nominating Committee will review all nomination packages that are complete by the deadline and schedule phone interviews for a selected group of candidates on 11-12 March 2019.
- All candidates will be notified in early April of the status of their applications.
- Selected Directors will take office on 8 June 2019 for the 2019-2020 term during the Annual General Meeting in Chicago, IL, USA.