Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access the Judging Panel
Frequently Asked Questions included on this page:
- WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR THE BOARD SELECTION?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE NOMINATED FOR ISACA DIRECTOR OR VICE CHAIR?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELF-NOMINATION OR NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE?
- WHAT ARE ENDORSEMENT LETTERS? HOW TO REQUEST ENDORSEMENT LETTERS?
- FROM WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS ARE SYSTEM EMAILS SENT?
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Nominations are due 25 January 2019.
- All candidate materials including endorsement letters must be submitted by 1 February 2019.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the ISACA Nominating Committee who will select a pool of applicants to interview via phone 11-12 March 2019.
- All candidates will be notified in April of the status of their nomination.
- The 2019-2020 Board slate is installed on 8 June 2018 during the Annual General Meeting in Chicago, IL, USA.
- Candidates must be an ISACA member.
- Candidates for the position of vice-chair (future Board chair) must have previously served on the ISACA International Board of Directors.
- Board members are expected to attend four Board of Director meetings and participate on four Board of Director teleconferences per year.
- Board candidates should be aware of the time commitment involved; estimated at roughly 15 non-travel hours per month on board activities. In addition to board meetings, board members may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the association’s strategy (all ISACA-sponsored travel is reimbursed by ISACA).
- Endorsement Letters: candidates who have not been previous board members and who are not current sitting Directors must include letters of support from other ISACA members as part of their candidate materials. These support letters may not be written/submitted by ISACA staff.
- See the Board Attributes to identify the necessary skills and provide detailed examples in the nomination supporting how the candidate exemplifies these attributes.
The first option you have when you want to submit a nomination is to decide whether you want to serve ("self-nomination") or if you are nominating someone else to serve as Director or Vice Chair. You must be logged into the nomination system using your ISACA credentials in order to access the nomination forms.
If you select "nominate someone else":
- You will be asked for your contact infromation as well as that of the candidate (person you are nominating.) Then you will be asked to describe and give specific examples of attributes this person has shown that makes you believe they would be qualified to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 25 January 2019. It is recommended that nominators do not wait until the deadline to allow the candidate ample time to complete the next step.
- Once you click SAVE and SUBMIT, the system will send the candidate an email notifying him/her that someone has nominated them to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors. They will receive a link to a form to complete additional information about why they would be an asset to the ISACA Board of Directors. This form and any endorsement letters are due no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 1 February 2019.
If you select "nominate myself":
- You will be asked for your contact infromation and to describe and give specific examples of attributes you posess that make you uniquely qualified to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 1 February 2019.
- Endorsement letters are also due by 11:59 pm US CT on 1 February 2019. It is recommended that you click "send request now" while still completing your nomination form. If you do not, the endorsement letter requests will not be sent until you click "save and submit" and this may not allow the endorser(s) sufficient time to submit the letter(s). See below for more information about endorsement letters.
For candidates not currently serving as ISACA International Directors, at least one endorsement letter from an ISACA Member is required, and up to three are accepted. Endorsement letters are OPTIONAL for current Directors.
Endorsement letters must come from current ISACA Members. Staff are NOT allowed to submit letters.
HOW TO REQUEST ENDORSEMENT LETTERS:
Enter the names and email addresses of up to three individuals in the defined field on the nomination form from whom you would like to request a letter supporting your nomination to the ISACA Board of Directors. These should be individuals familiar with your work and contributions and can speak to the impact they expect you to have on ISACA if selected to join the ISACA Board of Directors.
It is recommended that you click "send request now" as soon as you enter their name and email. The system will automatically send them an email with a unique link enabling them to type their letter directly into the system or upload it as an attachment. ONLY RESPONSES USING THIS UNIQUE LINK ARE ACCEPTED. THE ENDORSER SHOULD NOT START A NEW NOMINATION. The endorser is not required to log in.
As the candidate, you will be able to see the status of the letters at any time (submitted or pending) by logging back into this nomination and to send reminder emails. You will NOT be able to see the content of the letter which will only be shared with the committee members and ISACA staff involved in the board nomination and selection process. It is the candidate's responsibility to follow up and ensure that all requested letters are submitted by the deadline.
It is also recommended that you communicate your request to the prospective endorser separately prior to entering them in the system to advise them to look for the endorsement request via email.
All endorsement letters must be submitted by 1 February 2019.
System emails are sent from email@example.com via secure-platform.com. It is recommended that users look in their junk folder if they do not see the emails in their inbox and then add the sender to the safe-senders list.
To keep you apprised of the status of your nomination and the nomination process, the system sends the following emails:
- Confirmation emails are sent automatically upon clicking Save and Submit to acknowledge receipt of the form.
- Reminders for unsubmitted forms up to the deadline.
- Endorsement requests.
- Confirmation email to the candidate when the endorser has submitted his/her letter.
Candidate - Person being nominated to serve as either Director or Vice Chair.
Nominator - Person submitting a nomination to serve as Director or Vice Chair.
Endorser / endorsement letter - The endorser is an ISACA Member from whom the candidate has requested a letter of support (endorsement letter) and who can describe the candidate's qualifications to serve.
Deadline - The system will lock down at the specified deadline. Late submissions WILL NOT be accepted.
Nominating Committee - The Nominating Committee reports to the ISACA Board of Directors and is responsible for reviewing all nominations, conducting all interviews and presenting the slate of candidates for board approval.
Vice Chair - The Vice Chair appointment is the beginning of a 5 year progressive term (Vice Chair, Chair, three years as Past Chair.) The Vice Chair candidates must be current Directors or have recently served on the ISACA Board of Directors.
Director - Directors are annual appointments to the ISACA Board of Directors and are voting members of the board.