Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access the Judging Panel
Frequently Asked Questions included on this page:
- WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR THE BOARD SELECTION?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE NOMINATED FOR ISACA DIRECTOR?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELF-NOMINATION OR NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE?
- WHAT ARE RECOMMENDATION LETTERS?
- FROM WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS ARE SYSTEM EMAILS SENT?
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Self-nominations and candiate materials, including recommendation letters, are due at 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January 2021. Nominations for someone else are due 15 January 2021, and their candidate materials must be completed by 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January 2021.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the ISACA Govenance & Nominating Committee who will select a pool of applicants to interview via phone/video in February or March.
- All candidates will be notified in April of the status of their nomination.
- The 2021-2022 Board slate is installed during the Annual General Meeting in June 2021.
- Candidates must be an ISACA member or willing to join if selected.
- Board members are expected to attend three Board of Director meetings and participate on four Board of Director teleconferences per year.
- Board candidates should be aware of the time commitment involved; estimated at roughly 15 non-travel hours per month on board activities. In addition to board meetings, board members may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the association’s strategy (all ISACA-sponsored travel is reimbursed by ISACA).
- Recommendation Letters: candidates must include at least one (up to three) professional letters of support as part of their candidate materials. These letters may not be written by ISACA staff or current international board members. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
- See the Board Attributes to identify the necessary skills and provide detailed examples in the nomination supporting how the candidate exemplifies these attributes.
- ISACA Board Members may not also serve as ISACA Chapter Leaders. See the Board Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF).
First decide whether you want to serve ("self-nomination") or if you are nominating someone else to serve as Director. You must be logged into the nomination system using your ISACA credentials in order to access the nomination forms.
If you select "nominate someone else":
- You will be asked for your contact information as well as that of the candidate (person you are nominating.) Then you will be asked to describe and give specific examples of attributes this person has shown that makes you believe they would be qualified to serve as a Director on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 15 January 2021. It is recommended that nominators do not wait until the deadline to allow the candidate ample time to complete the next step.
- Once you click SAVE and SUBMIT, the system will send the candidate an email notifying him/her that someone has nominated them to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors. They will receive a link to a form to complete additional information about why they would be an asset to the ISACA Board of Directors. This form and any recommendation letters are due no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January 2021. It is recommended that you confirm that the candidate has received the email (and may need to check their spam folder) after clicking SAVE and SUBMIT.
If you select "nominate myself":
- You will be asked for your contact information and to describe and give specific examples of experiences and attributes you posess that make you uniquely qualified to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January 2021. This includes attaching at least one recommendation letter from a professional contact. ISACA staff and current ISACA Board members may not write recommendation letters. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
At least one recommendation letter is required from a professional colleague who can speak to your ability serve on a board of directors. Up to three letters may be attached to the nomination form. ISACA staff and current ISACA Board members are NOT allowed to submit letters. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
Recommendation letter(s) must be attached to the nomination form as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF file. At least one letter is required to be attached in order to submit your candidate materials. You may complete the rest of the form and return later to attach the letter and submit the form.
System emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org via secure-platform.com. It is recommended that users look in their junk folder if they do not see the emails in their inbox and then add the sender to the safe-senders list.
To keep you apprised of the status of your nomination and the nomination process, the system sends the following emails:
- Confirmation emails are sent automatically upon clicking Save and Submit to acknowledge receipt of the form.
- Reminders for unsubmitted forms up to the deadline.
Candidate - Person being nominated to serve as Director or submitting a self-nomination.
Nominator - Person submitting a nomination for someone else to serve as Director.
Recommendation letter - A professional letter from someone who can speak to the candidate's ability to serve on a board of directors. The letter(s) do not have to come from ISACA members. ISACA staff and current international board members may not write recommendation letters. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
Deadline - The system will lock down at the specified deadline. Late submissions WILL NOT be accepted.
Governance & Nominating Committee - The Governance & Nominating Committee reports to the ISACA Board of Directors and is responsible for reviewing all nominations, conducting all interviews and presenting the slate of candidates for board approval.
Director - Directors are annual appointments to the ISACA Board of Directors and are voting members of the board.