Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access the Judging Panel
Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW IS THE ISACA BOARD OF DIRECTORS SELECTED?
- WHEN ARE APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS OPEN EACH YEAR?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE NOMINATED FOR ISACA DIRECTOR?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELF-NOMINATION OR NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE?
- WHAT ARE RECOMMENDATION LETTERS?
- FROM WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS ARE SYSTEM EMAILS SENT?
- WHAT IS THE TERM OF OFFICE FOR A BOARD MEMBER AND HOW MANY TERMS CAN THEY SERVE?
- ARE BOARD MEMBERS COMPENSATED?
- HOW ARE THE CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR SELECTED?
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Each year, the Board of Directors opens the call for applications and nominations and publishes eligibility criteria and board attributes to ensure candidates:
- Have demonstrated their abilities
- Possess the desire to provide their time and energy to ISACA over an extended period
- Are likely to be productive board members
The Governance & Nominating Committee reviews all submitted applications and determines which candidates move on for the interview process with the Committee. The Committee works with a matrix which contains the skills, expertise, and background of the current Board to provide a gap analysis of areas to fill on the Board for the next term. The Board may also enlist the help of a global search firm to provide additional screening of finalist candidates and to provide independent background checks.
Upon completing all interviews, the Committee convenes to discuss all interviews and determines which candidates to recommend for the next Board term. Each April, the current Board is then asked to approve the proposed slate (presented/endorsed by the Governance & Nominating Committee). After the Board approves the next slate, that slate is installed at the Annual General Meeting (held each June) which is the commencement of the new term.
1 December to 31 January. The form to nominate a colleague must be submitted by 15 January, 11:59 pm US CT. Candidate applications are required to be considered by the Governance and Nominating Committee and must be submitted by 31 January, 11:59 pm US CT.
First decide whether you want to serve ("candidate application") or if you are nominating someone else to serve as Director. You must be logged into the nomination system using your ISACA credentials in order to access the nomination forms.
If you select "nominate someone else":
- You will be asked for your contact information as well as that of the candidate (person you are nominating.) Then you will be asked to describe and give specific examples of attributes this person has shown that makes you believe they would be qualified to serve as a Director on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 15 January. It is recommended that nominators do not wait until the deadline to allow the candidate ample time to complete the application.
- Once you click SAVE and SUBMIT, the system will send the candidate an email containing a link to the candidate application. This form and at least one recommendation letter are due no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January. It is recommended that you confirm that the candidate has received the email (and may need to check their spam folder) after clicking SAVE and SUBMIT.
If you select "candidate application":
- You will be asked for your contact information, CV, recommendation letter(s) and to describe and give specific examples of experiences and attributes you posess that make you uniquely qualified to serve on the ISACA Board of Directors.
- You may save and return to this form at any time, but it is required that you click SAVE AND SUBMIT no later than 11:59 pm US CT on 31 January. This includes attaching at least one recommendation letter from a professional contact. ISACA staff and current ISACA Board members may not write recommendation letters. ISACA Chapter leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
At least one recommendation letter is required from a professional colleague who can speak to your ability serve on a board of directors. Up to three letters may be attached to the candidate application. ISACA staff and current ISACA Board members are NOT allowed to submit letters. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
Recommendation letter(s) must be attached to the nomination form as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF file. At least one letter is required to be attached in order to submit your candidate materials. You may complete the rest of the form and return later to attach the letter and submit the form.
Terms are one year (beginning in June of each year), and directors may serve up to six terms (more if they additionally serve as Vice Chair or Chair). After a Chair completes their one term as the Chair, that individual remains on the Board for three more terms as a “Past Chair” on the Board.
ISACA board members are volunteers. However, ISACA does reimburse travel expenses for mandatory board and committee meetings.
The Chair and Vice Chair of the ISACA Board of Directors are selected each year by the current Board from the current sitting Board Directors.
System emails are sent from ISACABoardNominations@ISACA.org via secure-platform.com. It is recommended that users look in their junk folder if they do not see the emails in their inbox and then add the sender to the safe-senders list.
To keep you apprised of the status of your nomination and the nomination process, the system sends the following emails:
- Confirmation emails are sent automatically upon clicking Save and Submit to acknowledge receipt of the form.
- Reminders for unsubmitted forms up to the deadline.
Candidate - Person being nominated to serve as Director or submitting a self-nomination.
Nominator - Person submitting a nomination for someone else to serve as Director.
Recommendation letter - A professional letter from someone who can speak to the candidate's ability to serve on a board of directors. The letter(s) do not have to come from ISACA members. ISACA staff and current international board members may not write recommendation letters. ISACA Chapter board members and leaders may provide letters of recommendation for candidates, at their discretion.
Deadline - The system will lock down at the specified deadline. Late submissions WILL NOT be accepted.
Governance & Nominating Committee - The Governance & Nominating Committee reports to the ISACA Board of Directors and is responsible for reviewing all nominations, conducting all interviews and presenting the slate of candidates for board approval.
Director - Directors are annual appointments to the ISACA Board of Directors and are voting members of the board.