Login to Complete a Nomination or to Access the Judging Panel
National Cybersecurity Alliance HBCU Scholarship
Continue your education and launch your IT career with National Cybersecurity Alliance and ISACA! For undergraduate students studying cybersecurity, privacy and risk at Bennett College, Claflin University, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina Central University, Prairie View A&M University, St. Philip's College, Southern University A&M College, Texas Southern University, or Winston Salem State University, apply today!
Sign In or Create a Free ISACA Account to apply:
Start an application (or) Access a draft application
Applications Due: 11:59 pm US CT, 3 July 2023
We will award a $2,000 USD academic scholarship for tuition to nine students who meet the criteria below. Scholarship money will be paid directly to the awardee’s school in September 2023 and must be used for the school you’re attending in 2023.
Awardees will also receive a Career Building Bundle:
- One year of ISACA and ISACA chapter Student Membership (giving you access to career pathway and advancement events and webinars)
- One ISACA course selected from the ITCA or CET certification (completion of this course will help you get an ISACA certification that indicates a standard of skills to a prospective employer)
- One ISACA Virtual Conference registration (where you will benefit from speakers who are renowned experts in their fields)
- ISACA’s Mentoring Program (giving you access to certified digital trust professionals as mentors)
- Resources to start an ISACA Student Group at university/college (as applicable)
- Access to additional ISACA and OIT resources
- To apply, you first need a free ISACA account. If you have appplied for a One In Tech scholarship before, you may sign in using that account.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be enrolled at Bennett College, Claflin University, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina Central University, Prairie View A&M University, St. Philip's College, Southern University A&M College, Texas Southern University, or Winston Salem State University.
- Be studying or interested in studying cybersecurity, privacy or risk.
- Identify as a member of an underrepresented community in IT (this may include race, gender, ethnicity, veteran status, disability, etc.)
- Agree to communicate with One In Tech twice a year for two years regarding school and career trajectory after the scholarship award.
About National Cybersecurity Alliance
The National Cybersecurity Alliance is a non-profit organization on a mission to create a more secure, interconnected world. We advocate for the safe use of all technology and educate everyone on how best to protect ourselves, our families, and our organizations from cybercrime. We create strong partnerships between governments and corporations to amplify our message and to foster a greater “digital” good. The National Cybersecurity Alliance’s core efforts include Cybersecurity Awareness Month (October); Data Privacy Week (Jan. 22-28th); and CyberSecure My Business™, which offers webinars, web resources and workshops to help businesses be resistant to and resilient from cyberattacks. For more information, please visit https://staysafeonline.org.